- Academic Probation Academic Probation,academic probation,Academic probation
- All colleges require students to maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) to remain in school. Any student not maintaining satisfactory progress toward his/her educational objectives will be placed on probation for a semester.
- Alumni alumni,Alumni
- A graduate or former student of the college.
- Bookstore Bookstore,bookstore
- All colleges have bookstores. It will generally stock all the books and other materials required in all the courses offered at the institution as well as providing basic sundries and clothing items.
- FAFSA FAFSA,fafsa,Fafsa
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The almost universal application for financial aid, including loans, grants, college work-study and other federal and state programs. It is often required before a student can be considered for scholarships also.
- Degrees Degrees,degrees
- Academic titles conferred by universities and colleges as an indication of the completion of a course of study, or as an honorary recognition of achievement.
Your Compass Orientation
About this Program
- Your online orientation is made up of modules accessible through the main menu items and the menu icon on your home screen. To begin, click the title of the module from either view.
- Each module is made up of a series of slides. To complete each module, click through the slides using the next and previous buttons.
- A module is complete when you view the last slide.
- You must complete each module in order.
Throughout this program, look for
Items of Interest Links
Some slides include an 'i' button and statement that begins with “I would like to learn more about...” If you want to save this information to review it later, click the 'i' button. You’ll find a link to more information about that topic on your resource page when you complete your orientation.
When a word is double underlined, you can click on it to learn its meaning.
Here you can access the search feature. When you search for a term, you’ll be presented with results based on the progress you’ve made so far. All search terms are released when you complete your orientation.
The Alert Bar includes these helpful tools:
Return to this area frequently to view announcements and reminders you’ll receive throughout the quarter. The number next to the Announcement icon refers to the number of announcements you have not viewed yet.
Use this area to keep track of what you’ve completed and what else needs to be done.
This page includes links to essential information and the personalized Items of Interests you selected throughout the orientation.
Click to ask a question or view answers to questions asked most often.
When you complete this orientation, all of the modules will be unlocked and available for you to use as a reference.
If you are having issues and need help, contact support!
Resources & Items of Interest
Items of Interest
News & Announcements
Check back each time you log in to your orientation to see if there are new announcements, news items or reminders.
New Registration dates
The spring quarter begins Wednesday - March 25, 2020.
Welcome to COMPASS. Please complete this preview prior to your in-person campus orientation.
Click the checkboxes next to the items as you complete them to help keep track of your progress.Print
Register for On-Campus Orientation 2015-12-18 00:00:00.000
We are excited to welcome you to our campus community! Your on-campus orientation program is your formal introduction to your new environment as a member of the UC San Diego community. At Orientation, you will have the opportunity to meet other students beginning their academic career, interact with College staff, and meet people who serve as important resources as you create your undergraduate experience.
Share Guest Registration Information for the Parent and Family Orientation Program 2015-12-18 00:00:00.000
We offer an optional Parent and Family Orientation program that is open to parents, guardians, and guests of new first year students. This optional program helps those that serve as a support system to you to understand the personal adjustments you may go through and discover some of the resources available at UC San Diego.
Guests are not allowed to attend the student orientation sessions, so this separate program that is held alongside your orientation program is a great opportunity for any guests traveling to campus with you to receive an introduction to UC San Diego. We strongly encourage you to invite your parent/guardian or another family member by providing their email address on the New Student Site.
They will be sent a link to register for their Orientation program. You are not able to register anyone for the parent program through your registration process.
Submit your Academic Background 2015-12-18 00:00:00.000
As you register for your campus Orientation program, be sure to submit your academic background in New Triton Advising via the Virtual Advising Center before the deadline.
Your College Advising staff will use this information to provide personalized course recommendations before you enroll in fall quarter. Providing your most accurate academic information will help advisors identify the correct course placements so you begin at the appropriate academic level.
You can also swipe left or right to go to the previous or next slide.
Find Quick Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.This field is required!
View all Questions and their Answers.
Was Your Question Not Answered? Send Question
Submit this question to be answered: Cancel
Are you sure?
NOTE: Once an item has been checked it cannot be unchecked.Yes Cancel